There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Going through difficult and challenging times can certainly test your patience.
Being impatient, however, makes you more prone to hasty decisions and impulsive actions. It can lead to further problems, making it even more difficult to overcome a challenging experience.
Today’s collection of patience quotes serves to remind us of the advantage of being patient during challenging moments in life.
These days, when quick fixes and instant gratification are the norm, patience has become extremely rare. We probably need to be reminded of the benefits of patience in order to cultivate this virtue within ourselves.
The Benefits of Patience During Trying Times
Patience as a personal attribute offers the following benefits:
We hope that the following quotes inspire you to find that still point within and have patience during difficult times. May you be rewarded with outcomes that are favorable and in line with your goals and aspirations.
1. “Patience is a conquering virtue.” – Geoffrey Chaucer
2. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” – A. A. Milne
3. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
4. “Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” – Tony Gaskins
“Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” – Tony Gaskins
5. “To lose patience is to lose the battle.” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” – Ovid
7. “Come what may, all bad fortune is to be conquered by endurance.” – Virgil
8. “Have patience with all things but first of all with yourself.” – Francis de Sales
9. “At the bottom of patience one finds heaven.” – Kanuri saying
10. “Patience is not passive, on the contrary, it is concentrated strength.” – Bruce Lee
11. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
12. “Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.” – Ovid
13. “Be patient because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.” – Author Unknown
14. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
15. “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
16. “Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains.” – William Penn
17. “Trying to understand is like straining through muddy water. Have the patience to wait! Be still and allow the mud to settle.” – Lao Tzu
18. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
19. “When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They’re opportunities to learn patience.” – Scott Curran
20. “Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is “timing”. It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.” – Fulton J. Sheen
21. “The salt of patience seasons everything.” – Italian saying
22. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
“A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
23. “Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures.” – Joseph Addison
24. “Patience is the master key to every situation. One must have sympathy for everything, surrender to everything, but at the same time remain patient and forbearing.” – Franz Kafka
25. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasow
26. “Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” – Mary Pierce
27. “Time is the wisest of all counselors.” – Plutarch
28. “I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work.” – Greg Behrendt
29. “Being a good teacher takes patience; being a good doctor also takes patience. In fact, if you want to excel in anything, master any skill, patience is an asset.” – Eknath Easwaran
30. “Patience is a key element of success.” – Bill Gates
31. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” – Molière
32. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
33. “Patience you must have, my young padawan.” – Yoda
“Patience you must have, my young padawan.” – Yoda
34. “Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes do against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs, and they.” – Leonardo da Vinci
35. “Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.” – Swami Vivekananda
36. “All great achievements require time.” – Maya Angelou
37. “When it comes to increasing motivation and self-control, you have to remain patient and allow your mind to adapt to the new changes.” – Jill Hesson
38. “Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty.” – John Ruskin
39. “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered you will find life is easier.” – Catherine Pulsifer
40. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. “Patience is the key to contentment.” – The Prophet Muhammad
42. “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” – Greek Proverb
43. “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” – Daisaku Ikeda
We live in a world of quick fixes and instant gratification, and it has become difficult to remain patient when things don’t go our way or we’re faced with challenging situations.
But being patient is an essential ingredient to our success, happiness, and well-being. We hope this collection of patience quotes inspires you to cultivate patience as a personal attribute.
If you need more words of support during difficult times, this post featuring resilience quotes will encourage you to overcome any adversity in life.
We hope that you enjoyed today’s collection of quotes. If you love any of the artwork featured here, feel free to share it through your platform of choice!